HOW TO APPLY
Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)
HCV is (NOT) presently accepting applications. A public notice will be posted in the local newspaper and our website when we begin accepting applications. However, there is no projected date at this time.
The Taylor Housing Authority Wait List for its Public Housing program is currently closed as of 4:00 pm. December 27th, 2023.
We are no longer be accepting applications for Public Housing at this time.
Please keep up with our website for further information.
Regarding Public Housing Applications
The Taylor Housing Authority will stop taking applications for public housing effective Wednesday, December 27th at 4:00 p.m.
If you are interested in applying you must apply in person at 311C E. 7th St. by that date and time. No applications will be accepted after that date and time.
When the Housing Authority decides to begin accepting applications again in the future, it will be posted on their website.
For questions, please contact the Taylor Housing Authority at (512) 352-3231, ext. 111. Thank you!
Taylor Housing Authority
311C E. 7th St.
Taylor, Texas 76574
Updates to Applications
Use to report address changes, household member changes and changes in income.
Application Update & Change Request Form
There are five local preferences for which applicants can qualify. Local preferences are ONLY valid for the head of the household or the co-head of the household. Dependents cannot qualify as a family for a local preference. Please remember that claiming a local preference does not automatically grant you a preference on the wait list. You must submit documentation for review.
Once your preference has been approved, your application will be listed on the wait list with other applicants that have also claimed or qualified for a local preference. Also, a local preference does not mean you will be housed immediately.In addition, preference documentation will again be reviewed at the time of your screening interview. Your name will be removed from the preference list if your preference documentation is not approved. Your application will then be placed on the non-preference list.
The preferences are:
- ELDERLY: If you stated the correct date of birth on the application and you or your spouse are 62 years of age or older, your preference will be noted after your birth certificate has been reviewed.
- DISABILITY/HANDICAP: (must provide one of the following)
- Award Letter from Social Security Office: You must make available to Taylor Housing Authority evidence of your household’s eligibility for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration.
- Physician Name, Address, Number: If you are not receiving benefits from the Social Security Administration but feel that you have a physical, mental or emotional impairment that: (A) is expected to be of a long-continued and indefinite duration; (B) substantially impedes your ability to live independently; and (C) is of such a nature that such ability could be improved by more suitable housing conditions, you must provide evidence of your disability by having a physician conclude in his/her professional medical opinion that a disability exists.
- DISPLACED FAMILY: A person whose dwelling has been extensively damaged or destroyed as a result of a disaster declared or otherwise recognized pursuant to Federal disaster relief laws.
- HONORABLE DISCHARDED VETERAN: A service member that has received a rating from good to excellent for his or her service. Service members who meet or exceed the required standards of duty performance and personal conduct, and who complete their tours of duty.
- WORKING FAMILY: A family member working 20+ hours a week
Will be applied as follows:
- Williamson County resident – 10 points
- Displaced – 10 points
- Elderly/Disabled – 5 points
- Honorable Discharged Veteran – 5 points
- Working Family – 5 points